The short answer is yes. It's best practice to respond to both positive and negative reviews. 👍
For positive reviews (4-5 stars), a simple but genuine thank you is perfect. You can mix it up by saying, "Thank you, Jane. Glad you had a great time." OR "Thanks, Kristoff. Happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us." Or "Awesome, Stefan. We look forward to welcoming you again!"
For negative reviews (1-2 stars), we should also say thank you, but it's important to ask ask what could have been improved. English examples:
- "Thank you for your feedback. May we ask what was so negative with your experience this time. #learningeveryday"
- "Thank you for your feedback. May we ask what we could improve? We'd be grateful to learn from you. Feel free to write us on [email protected]"
Dutch examples: "Bedankt voor jouw feedback. Mogen wij vragen wat er zo negatief was met uw ervarring? / Mogen wij vragen wat wij kunnen verbeteren?"
For neutral reviews (3 stars), you can approach it this way: "Thank you for your feedback Celine. Would you mind sharing what would make your 3-star experience a 4-star experience?"
Potential customers look at all of your behavior online and are observing how you interact with your customers. 😊
If you have questions, concerns or suggestions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via email at [email protected] or by clicking the Intercom support chat box on the lower right side of your screen. 🙌We really appreciate our AreTheyHappy community, as well as your ongoing feedback! ️🚀
For more tips check out the following articles:
- How to manage Facebook recommendations and reviews?
- What should I do when faced with Review Blackmail?
- Saving Common Responses with Quick Replies