If you have tried to connect your Instagram business page to your AreTheyHappy location and you noticed that your IG page is not listed on the dropdown, here are some things you can verify:
- Verify if your Instagram account is a Business Account.
- Verify if your Instagram account is linked to a Facebook Page.
If both are verified and are set up correctly and you are still having the issue, it could be because of an existing bug on Facebook's platform. A bug has been reported to Facebook's technical team and they are looking into the issue.
For the mean time, you can do the following steps as a temporary workaround as advised by a member of Facebook's technical support team:
Convert the Instagram business account back to personal account and then convert back to business account either via:
- Instagram native app (https://www.facebook.com/help/502981923235522), or
- Facebook Page Settings -> Instagram -> Switch to a Business Profile -> Get Started
- However, the media insights (https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instagram-api/reference/media/insights) will be lost when converting back to personal account. You may want to read and save the media insights before converting.
If you have any further questions or recommendations, do not hesitate to reach out. Click on the little support chat box on the lower right side of your screen. 🙌
We'll get back to you as soon as we can!