If you are using MS Outlook for your company's support email, this article shows you how you can link MS Outlook folders to your AreTheyHappy Inbox. Once connected, you can read, respond, Tag, and assign Team Tasks to your emails.
To connect your MS Outlook account:
- Go to Settings > Locations & Groups.
- Find Outlook and click the "Connect" button- A Login popup will appear that shows the permissions that you need to grant AreTheyHappy to complete the connection. Click the "Confirm" button.
- Select the folder you want to connect to AreTheyHappy. - A dropdown will appear next to the account holder's name that shows all of the folders of your MS Outlook account (i.e. Inbox, Sent, Outbox, etc.). Select one and click the "Confirm" button.
And voila! Go to your AreTheyHappy Inbox to manage your support emails.
ℹ️ Use Notes: MS Outlook messages in your AreTheyHappy inbox are shown as individual email messages - and not as threads/conversations. If a customer responds to your reply to continue the thread, the new message will come in AreTheyHappy as a new inbox message. So try to be as efficient/complete as possible in your responses.
Troubleshooting Connection Errors
Now, if you encounter the following error: "Need admin approval," please ask a Microsoft Outlook (Global) Administrator in your company to grant permission to AreTheyHappy before you can use it. AreTheyHappy needs permissions that only an Admin can grant.
Specifically, there are 2 ways to go about it, but either way, you will need to contact the person in the company who is the (Global) Administrator of your Outlook account, i.e. the person who can manage the settings of the company email inboxes.
Option 1: The (Global) Admin of your Outlook account can "Turn ON User Consent” so that when AreTheyHappy asks you for permission to access your inbox, you can allow it.
Option 2: If the “User Consent” is OFF, then the (Global) Admin must consent to every app (including AreTheyHappy) before any user can use an app.
Step-by-step guide For Global Admins:
- Sign in to the Azure portal as a Global Administrator.
- Select Azure Active Directory > Enterprise applications > Consent and permissions > User consent settings.
- Under User consent for applications, select which consent setting you'd like to configure for all users.
- Select Save to save your settings.
This is the portal where (Global) Administrators needs to log in:
We hope that works for you. Please reach out if you encounter further difficulties. :)
We love our AreTheyHappy Community
The businesses who use AreTheyHappy today are motivated by the belief that, even in the digital age, doing business is still essentially about people, relationships and community.
The AreTheyHappy Mindset
They’re joining a community of amazing entrepreneurs who believe in putting customers first!
Your Feedback Matters. Let’s grow together! 🚀
If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via the chatbot on the bottom-right of your screen. 🙌We appreciate your time, and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can! 🙏💕